9.15.2007

What I make it.

So my birthday was good, but it was hard. It was really hard. I think it was because it was my first one away from home. I was really homesick. And I think I just had a lot of expectations for yesterday that didn't happen, so I felt let-down and sad.

But all together, when I look back on yesterday, I'll remember how loved I felt. My classmates really took care of me - they took me out to eat, made me a cake, broke curfew to get the eggs for that cake, made cupcakes, bought me cards, everything. I felt loved, cared for, cherished, and valued by people I only met a month ago. It was wonderful.

Nineteen, wow. I hope it's a good year. But then again, I know it is what I make it.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara Ann,
    Happy Belated Birthday!! I called and sang to you on your cell, I hope you got it, I'm sure my lovely voice made your day. Sounds like your friends to care of you on your b-day, thats nice that you have them. Just always remember how much we all love you and are praying for you.
    Love ya lots, Sissy
    P.S. Hey do you want to switch hair?!!..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyya TootToot,
    Im glad that your new friends made your birthday better..Wish we could have been there to help, but we do understand.. That doesn't mean we didnt think about you.. I know things are hard right now for you.. Just leaving home is hard to begin with..So many new things being thrown at you so quickly has to be a bit overwhelming..But we have faith in you..
    I believe God has a plan for all our lives and when we meet Him face to face then we will know what it is..Until then, we just have to try hard to listen and judge what we feel God is saying to us at any given time..So just try to remain strong and listen with your heart..We want you to be happy in whatever you do..We love you so very very much..

    ReplyDelete