6.19.2008

"The time has come," the walrus said...

The time has come to talk about something else.
But this is quite a bit not as fun to talk about as the living situation.
Victor, my teammate from Virginia, went back home to the States.  He's not going to be with us here anymore.  He had to go home and take care of some personal responsibilities, and that's the end of the story.
But here's what I say - I'm very, very proud of him.  It's a difficult situation, and he could have easily ignored what was happening.  He could have very easily decided not to deal with things, but he didn't.  He got on a plane and went back home, and I think he grew up a lot in that decision.  
I'm proud of him, but I miss him a lot.  He was the only person on the team that I really knew before they became my teammate.  It's going to be different without him, but I am absolutely positive that there is a reason for everything.  Nothing doesn't have a reason.
It's just a matter of having a good attitude until that part.  That's my problem.  Here's the way I picture it in my mind - it may be wrong, but I'm willing to change how I think about it, so there you have it.
It's like something happens, and God knows about it.  And then we react to whatever happens, and God knows about that.  I personally don't want to react in a way that isn't worthy of him seeing, you know?  What if he causes this thing to happen (or doesn't stop it from happening), knowing that something really wonderful is going to come from it, and then he sees me whining about it?  Or sees me throwing a fit and being angry with him when I have no right to be, because I can't even see the big picture?  I'm not okay with that.
Yes, that's definitely the hard part, keeping the attitude in proportion to the big picture.  Tough stuff.
Keep Vic in your prayers.  
Victor, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Tara Ann, I am sorry your friend had to leave, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that something good will come from it..God obviously has other plans for him right now so just continue to encourage him and stay encouraged yourself because He is doing a great work in you..Take care and God bless..
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TootToot,
    Another wonderful writing..You know my thoughts and prayers are with you and the other team members all the time... Love ya bunches, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete