8.30.2008

People in 3D.

I got to "talk to" some of my family just a few minutes ago, on Skype.
It was really kind of strange though, because they could see me and hear me, but I couldn't see or hear them.  I could just read what my Dad was typing.  So it was kind of crazy.  But I showed them around our apartment, and I talked to them for a little while.  I wish so badly I could have seen their faces and heard their voices - but one thing at a time, you know?
It's a funny thing, homesickness.  I find myself missing things about people that I didn't know I would miss.  When it's been a while since you've seen someone, it's hard to remember what their nose looks like, or how tall they actually are.  It's hard for me to place certain things about people - their eyes, their hands, their laugh, what it feels like to sit by them on the couch, what it feels like to hug them.  I can remember some things about them, like hair color or their smile or their favorite shirt, but it's hard to make those things come together into a 3D image of who they are.

Sure, I miss Sonic and Dr. Pepper and Wal-Mart and Target and my car.
But I miss being around people in 3D.

Love you guys.  I miss you a lot today.
-Tara.

3 comments:

  1. Hey bokkie!
    It was great to get to see and hear you today. We are missing the same things about you too! But just think about 50 yrs ago when family, friends and churches didn't hear from their missionary loved-ones for months, and only then it was by letters. I believe God is behind the technology that allows us to communicate in such an instant way today (it's just too bad that man doesn't also use this tool for God's glory). Thank Diana for us for you being able to use her computer. Next time maybe you can see and hear us too.
    Miss you lots. Love you lots!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this time I thought you didn't care..lol..How's things? Your dad says you are doing pretty good, glad to hear that..We miss you bunches too!!Hope to get the package sent off this week, not sure on how long it takes to get there though, so keep an eye out..Take care of you and remember we ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH..Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toot,,, I sure do miss you in 3D too.. Love ya bunches. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete