5.21.2009

Navy Taxi.

Take your time, love, because you don't have to rush.  'Cause it's your life and it's no one else's, sweetheart - don't let them put you in a box.
- "Navy Taxi" by Kate Nash

I'm in Lubbock, in a hotel room.
The hotel room of my nearly-married cousin, to be more specific.
I can't believe someone that I feel close to is getting married.
But here's the thing: it's actually two someones, because my long-time friend from elementary/middle/high school/present times is also getting married, in a little over a month.
It just reminds me that I'm growing up, and along with the twelvepointsevenmillion other reminders that I feel like I'm getting, it just feels a little overwhelming.  
I know I'm not doing it alone, I know that.
It's just a little hard to come in contact with so many people who seem to not even be close to alone.
But as my good friend Lily says - 
"God is great.  Coffee is good.  People are crazy."

Love,
Tara.

1 comment:

  1. growing up IS overwhelming.. i'm right there with you. thinking back about graduation and last summer and all the freedom and having no worries all summer.. well that feels like its all been ripped away .. and well i'm kinda scared and really really overwhelmed. crazy times..

    ReplyDelete