8.31.2007

Brownbag-ing it.

Here's something else about our days -

Lunch on Wednesdays are really special. We have what's called Brownbags. We all bring our lunch and AIMers who are on the field write emails to us and tell us what they're up to, and give "shout-outs" to people they know in the class - this past Wednesday I got one from my friend Lydia, who is is Scotland. She's in the AIM class of 2005, so she'll be coming back sometime after January and she'll be graduating while we're here. It's so awesome to hear from people you know who are on the field. I know a lot of people from the class of 2005, because that's when I came to Camp Adventure, and it's neat to hear all of their stories about talking to people out on the field.

So during Brownbags, we read their letters and eat our lunches and we pray for them. It's really wonderful, because they know that they're being prayed for, and they pray for us at the same time. It's like we're sending up prayers at the exact same moment, even though there's a time change thing going on. But it's still really encouraging for everybody involved.

And that's what we do instead of Share the Word class on Wednesday. :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to know what you pack in your brown bag lunch? Are you eating sandwiches now? I wish I was there to fix a really good one (food might be challenging but I think I can make a mean sandwich!!)for you! I miss you!!! Love, Your Momma

    ReplyDelete