8.05.2008

Today, a choice.

I have come to the realization that I can only handle one day at a time.
I have to choose, today, whether or not I will walk with God.  I have to choose, today, whether or not I will let negative thoughts be more powerful than positive ones.  I have to choose, today, whether or not I will be helpful.
And my decision only lasts for one day.  I can't decide for tomorrow, or for yesterday.  Just for today.  I can't handle tomorrow's decision yet, and I have to move on from yesterday's.
It's easier said than done, but it helps to break it down into days.
Maybe that's why Jesus prayed "give us this day our daily bread."
-Tara.

3 comments:

  1. This post really speaks to me and my life right now. That's really a lesson I think I need to learn. Thank you for coincidentally posting that when you did. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyya TootToot,
    That is a very wise statement..We cant do anything about yesterday and tomorrow is a brand new day and none of us know what will happen in tomorrow or how we will handle it..I do know that no matter the day,, the night, the hour, the minute & the second God is always with us TODAY..Sure miss you and love you bunches.. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara Ann,
    You are wise beyond your years..You are so right, we should just not worry about tomorrow, it has enough worries of its own..Jesus tells us to just let it go and let him have it all, don't pick it back up after you've given it to him, its his and he promised he would take care of it in his time..I have a wooden sign on my wall that says "LET GO AND LET GOD", to me that says it all..thats it, thats all we need..Stay strong and stand tall, cause he is always with you..Love ya lots, Sissy

    ReplyDelete